Facilitating And Troubleshooting Real Estate Investment
Investing in real estate can be a daunting venture. There are many pitfalls and crucial details, from securing financing to complying with government regulations. The legal team at Sutherland Law, PLC, provides full-service legal support to real estate investors to minimize the risks, maximize the profitability and resolve legal entanglements.
Our firm is regularly retained by individuals and groups in West Michigan seeking to:
- Form a real estate entity (typically an LLC) and business plan
- Purchase an income-generating property
- Convert an existing property to rental housing
- Buy residential properties to renovate and flip them
- Expand an existing real estate portfolio
- Purchase land for future development
Due Diligence For Real Estate Investors
Our attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of real property transactions, property management and landlord-tenant law and real estate litigation. Whether you are diversifying your investments or considering getting into the rental property game, we can help you understand your responsibilities and the legal implications.
Our services include advice and representation for:
- Establishing a limited liability company (LLC) for owning real estate
- Sorting out the roles and responsibilities of the LLC operating agreement
- Identifying and analyzing candidate properties for investment
- Negotiation of purchase and sale agreements
- Title transfers and 1031 exchanges
- Title work and disclosures
- Real estate closings
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Defense against breach of contract or other disputes
First-Class Service And Impeccable Knowledge
Our concentrated focus in real estate law enables us to confidently guide and fiercely represent our clients through the legalities of real estate investing. We strive for excellence in everything we do, from delivering quality solutions and strategies to providing each client with attentive and accessible service.